Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Whirlwind!

awesomely cheesy red, white, and blue attire!

Well, it certainly has been a whirlwind of a week! I finished summer classes last Wednesday and had people coming to town on Friday, so I definitely didn’t have a ton of time to rest up. On Friday my old roommate came to town, so we hung out, ate, played mini golf, and just kinda relaxed. On Saturday my other friend came in to town to help celebrate the 4th of July and my birthday! Me and my 4 friends ended up having a lot of fun, which was especially great because 2 of them are old friends from home, and the other 2 are friends from school. Saturday was pretty good; I felt fine even though my blood pressure was a miserable 70/35. However, by dinner time I was out for the count with dizzy spells and blacking out, I ended up passing out after making it to my mom’s bed. After I came back around and ate some dinner, I was feeling a little better, but we rested and watched movies the rest of the night. The next day was the 4th of July and let me just tell you, I love this holiday. I love America, I love lighting things on fire, I love barbeques and grillin out, I love the laid back atmosphere, and I love that it’s the day before my birthday. The whole family, plus friends, ended up going to a cookout at my best friends house, decked out in our red, white, and blue gear…did I mention that the awesomely tacky attire is another reason I love this holiday? After the cookout was time for the fireworks, which I LOVE. We usually drive downtown to see them, but traffic is crazy and so this year we decided to go to an old cemetery and watch them. We used to do this all the time when I was a kid, because it’s still a great view with way less traffic. BUT not this time. The trees must have grown or something, because there was absolutely no view. At all. So we spent the evening star gazing and searching for fireworks. Haha! Then we rang in my birthday with the ultra-patriotic red, white, and blue jell-o shots. For all those POTSies out there, in case you didn’t already know, alcohol + POTS = not good. It was my 21st birthday though, so I wanted to try it out. Bad idea. I was up all night with tachycardia through the roof, tremors that shook the whole bed (said my mom), sweating, and nausea. So I learned a lesson that most people don’t learn until later in life…”I’m never drinking again”.
Anyways, between school ending, 4th of July, and my birthday things have been super crazy around here! Not to mention, I have a commercial audition on Thursday and people coming into town on Saturday. Hopefully I will get some rest before then!!
*On a more serious note, my POTSy friend Colleen is going through a really hard time right now. Her dad passed away yesterday. So PLEASE keep Colleen and her family in your thoughts and prayers. I know this is a really tough time for her and I can’t even imagine what she is going through.
Hugs to you all!

-Brooke-

No comments:

Post a Comment