Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Just Say NO!

I’m a people pleaser. I’m afraid to speak my mind or confront people. It’s difficult for me to say no. I’m an idealizer. I seek out powerful, accomplished people to look up to and idealize them by putting them on a pedestal. I please to get approval and love; I please for fear of judgment; I please to be needed; I please for self-esteem. I love being needed and I hate when people are mad or upset. But sometimes not being able to say no is a bad thing. I find myself stressed, overworked, tired, and emotionally and mentally drained. With POTS, I’m learning more and more that it is okay to say no. It’s still a struggle, but I’m working on it. And hey, the first step is admitting you have a problem, right?
Well here it is…
Hi. My name is Brooke. And I am a people pleaser…but I’m working on it.

-Brooke-

No comments:

Post a Comment