Sunday, July 11, 2010

LIVE

Wahoo! It’s that time of year again. Living in a small, beach town in North Carolina, you would think life would be pretty boring around here…and it is, most of the time. But this is the time of the year where directors, producers, makeup and camera men, actors and actresses all flock to my little town to film TV series or movies. It’s been pretty clear that the town is preparing for it’s big arrivals. Sophia Bush’s plane arrived today, and Fall Out Boy was spotted at a local coffee shop. A lot of things have been filmed in Wilmington (Matlock, Blue Velvet, The Secret Life of Bees, Eastbound and Down, Little Britain USA, Nights in Rodanthe, Bolden, One Tree Hill, Surface, Dawson’s Creek, Domestic Disturbance, Weekend at Bernies, Firestarter, A Walk to Remember, I Know What You Did Last Summer…plus more!) However, my favorite is One Tree Hill. I love being able to run out and do errands (when I can) and run into Lee Norris at the grocery store or Sophia Bush at church. Amongst feeling pretty crappy the past week, I did get a chance to audition for a commercial, so hopefully I will find out whether I get the part or not by tomorrow.
Anywho, I found a quote today that I really love. Jonathan Swift once said “May you live every day of your life”. Goodness knows there have been days where I wake up and look forward to going back to bed and look forward to the next day, but how many times do I actually LIVE each day. I can live even when I’m sick; I’m alive and even though I may not be in the best of health, I CAN live…and I WILL live. Living may look different each day; some days it might be just laughing at something on TV or making someone else smile, and some days it might be going out and hanging out with friends. I guess that’s part of the excitement of life…you never know what each day will bring. But I do know that I have the ability to LIVE. And I hope you guys take every opportunity to live each moment!
Hugs to you all!

-Brooke

P.S.- for more on a person who REALLY lived every moment, visit ivestrong.com. Sydney Ives was a young girl battling cancer, and yet somehow through all the hard times, she managed to keep a smile and bless everyone in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment