Monday, July 12, 2010

Quotes

So, it’s about 11:30pm and it’s my first time really out of bed today. Haha! Oh well…some days are better than others, right? So needless to say, I’m not feeling super original or creative today. I think for this post I’m just going to leave you guys with a few of my favorite quotes (I’m a bit of a quote junky).

-I have an overwhelming desire to be part of something big.

-Wilmington is just a place somewhere in the world. Maybe it’s a lot like your world. Maybe it’s nothing like it. But if you look closer you might see someone like you. Someone trying to find their way, someone trying to find their place. Someone trying to find their self. Sometimes it seems like you are the only one in the world who is struggling, who’s frustrated, unsatisfied, barely getting by. But that feeling is a lie. And if you just hold on, just find the courage to face it all for another day, someone or something will find you and make it all okay. Because we all need a little help sometimes- someone to help us hear the music in their world, to remind us that it won’t always be this way. That someone is out there. And that someone will find you.

-You just have to know. And when you don’t know? No one can fault you for it. You do what you can, when you can, while you can. When you can’t, you can’t. (I have found this quote SO comforting)

-We are adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?

-At the end of the day, when it comes down to it, all we really want is to be close to somebody. So this thing where we all keep our distance and pretend not to care about each other, is usually a load of crap. So we pick and choose who we want to remain close to, and once we’ve chosen those people, we tend to stick close by. No matter how much we hurt them, the people that are still with you at the end of the day-those are the ones worth keeping. And sure, sometimes close can seem too close. But sometimes that invasion of personal space is exactly what you needed.

-It's like so much awful stuff has happened now that the bad stuff is what seems normal and normal just seems weird. But I'm not falling for it! Bad is not normal. Normal... normal's not weird. (sometimes I have to repeat this to myself over and over again!)

-You do this thing where you stop making plans. Because you had plans but then they fell through and your plans disappeared so you just... I just try to get from sunup to sundown. That’s as far into the future as I can handle. I have to be fine with that. (I know all my chronically ill friends understand this one)

-We could all use a little hope sometimes, you know? That feeling that everything is going to be okay, and that someone is there to help make sure of that.

-Being happy isn’t having everything in your life be perfect. Maybe it’s about stringing together all the little things- making those count for more than the bad stuff. Maybe we just get through it and that’s all we can ask for.

-There is no dishonor in losing the race, there is only dishonor in not racing because you are afraid to lose.

-Things will happen in your life that you can't stop... But that's no reason to shut out the world... There's a purpose for the good and for the bad...

Ok, well now that I have overloaded yall on quotes, I’m gonna stop. And tomorrow when I read this post back, I’m probably gonna be sad that I posted something so pointless…but for now I’m content!

Goodnight!

-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment