Monday, June 14, 2010

The Sleepiest

Today has been a pretty okay day! I woke up and hung out with the family a little, then went off to babysit. The girls (9 and 7 years old) had never seen Matilda before, so I brought it over for us to watch. It brought back the most bittersweet memories. When I was younger, me and my best friends Sarah and Emily watched that movie ALL the time. We would sit at stop lights and pretend to change them from red to green with our eyes; we would pretend that we were girls escaping the evil Ms. Trunchabel and going off to live in a beautiful cottage with Ms. Honey. Between that and A Little Princess, we spent most of our days drifting off into an imaginary world…but anyways! So, after me and the girls I babysit watched Matilda, I was thrilled when they said that they wanted to “play” Matilda. Drifting back into childhood was definitely a highlight of my day. I came home and found myself exhausted, so I checked my blood pressure and heart rate. With a pulse of 140 and a blood pressure of 70/40, it was no wonder I was so sleepy, so I decided to take a nap. After my little nap, my dad and I ate dinner and finished up our game of Monopoly (I won, in case you were wondering). And now here I am again, trying to work on homework, but am SO sleepy. My arms are weak and my head is a little bit spinny. I’m thinking due to the heat today I might be a little bit dehydrated. I always read about people with POTS or Dysautonomia who are hospitalized for dehydration and I always wonder how you know where the line is between “regular dehydrated” and “hospitalized dehydrated”? Anyways, I can’t concentrate anymore so I’m gonna stop writing. I had a nice blog post planned for today, but I guess I’ll just save it for tomorrow!
Hope everyone is well.

-Brooke-

No comments:

Post a Comment