Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot!

Woo! It was a hot one today (104 degrees Fahrenheit). There was actually a heat advisory in our area today, meaning I did my best to stay inside. However, there were some things working against me…my aunt came to town today. Some people enjoy visits from their relatives, some people don’t. I don’t. My aunt and my mom are basically the same person, so when they are together it is pointless to try to get a word in edgewise. So, mom, dad, and aunt came home from the airport and I escaped into my bedroom to try to get away from the unnecessarily loud chatter coming from downstairs. I felt pretty good today; I blacked out a few times, but only when standing. Dad and I decided to play Monopoly, since it is a summer tradition for us. However, another summer tradition is to play Monopoly on the back porch. So, in keeping with tradition my dad and I set up camp on the back porch. About 20 minutes into the game, the heat was definitely getting to me. Tachycardia was setting in and my head was feeling airy. We put a pause in the game when heavy brain fog set in (imagine trying to count money, buy houses, and move a piece while foggy!). By the time we came inside for a break, my heart rate was up to 130 and I was feeling it. I rested up, watched some TV, and ate dinner, before going back out to finish the game. Unfortunately it’s Monopoly, so the game still isn’t over…it’s on pause until tomorrow night. On a scale from 1 – 10, with 1 being a terrible, sick day and 10 being perfect health, I would give today a 7…which is pretty great! So for today, I’m going to count my blessings and hope for more 7’s while keeping my eye on tomorrow’s weather. It’s expected to be 107 tomorrow. WhooWee!
Hope everyone is doing well and has a great start to the week!

-Brooke-

No comments:

Post a Comment