Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fast Heart, Slow Brain

Today was rough. I woke up with my pulse soaring at 152. I could feel it in my chest, my legs, my arms, my head…everywhere. I had just woken up and I was exhausted! I managed to push through the nausea and eat a waffle before heading back to my bed. After a few minutes of resting, I had to get up to go babysit. I have no idea how I managed to get in the car, drive to a day care center I’d never been to, pick up the kids, drive home, and play with them…but somehow I did. I came home and went straight back to bed after chugging some more Gatorade. I woke up feeling miserable still. My mom came in and lay in the bed with me. I told her that I was really sick and that I could not manage to take another sip of Gatorade without feeling like I was gonna barf. My mom looked at me and told me there was nothing more anyone could do for me so I needed to just drink more water and “think positive thoughts” cause it couldn’t be that bad after all. I began to cry, well as much as I could being dehydrated and exhausted. The thought that my own mother wasn’t being supportive and that she didn’t believe how bad I felt was hard. I know I’m not crazy, but I want her to know it too. I know I’m sick, and probably need to go to the doctor, but she doesn’t believe me. It’s hard when your friends and family don’t understand what you are going through. Luckily, I have found an awesome group of people on The Dysautonomia Connection. They understand and know what I’m going through. Anyways, I’m not really feeling good and I’m sure if I read through this again, none of it will make sense, so I’m gonna stop. I hope everyone is well today, and remember to JUST KEEP SWIMMING…even when it’s hard!

-Brooke-

No comments:

Post a Comment