Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day and other ramblings...

So today was Fathers Day. I am lucky to have the best father in the whole wide world who loves me very much. I think it's kind of cool because my dad was adopted and doesn't know who his real parents are, so in this world I am the only person my dad knows who shares some genes with him. We always joke that it's just us two carrying on the crappy genes. We had fun today, he let me sleep in while he went to the beach. I got 14 hours of sleep last night and was still tired today. haha.
Then we opened presents and went downtown to go antique shopping and get ice cream. We ended up doing more driving around and looking at houses, cause it was just so darn hot outside. Then we came back to the house and I worked on homework before we went out to dinner. It was a great day and I think he really enjoyed it! Then I had to start packing. Blah. I am going to Charlotte for a week to visit like 5 million people (really only 4). I'm really excited, I'm just really nervous too because it's my first big roadtrip without my parents while having dysautonomia. It's only a 4 hour drive, so hopefully I'll be okay, but it still makes me nervous.
Anyways, I feel pretty gross right now, with a POUNDING headache where it feels like my brain is going to leak out of my skull. Super high heart rate and very low blood pressure (bp is 80/60 and heart rate is 148). NO FUN.
Anyways, I hope everyone had a good weekend and is feeling well. I'm thinking about all my dysautonomia friends and praying for good weeks for everyone. Goodnight!

-Brooke-

P.S.- Here is a blood pressure chart for what is "normal".

No comments:

Post a Comment